Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Annabelle!

It was Annabelle's Birthday Oct 16th and I am finally posting it!! (What a horrible mother I am!!) Well anyway, Annabelle is one!! I can't believe it!! My little baby girl is growing up! We had her birthday party at my parents house and had lots of fun. Annabelle loved opening her presents! She didn't want me to take the present she opened away to give her the next. Doesn't she looks so happy...



(gotta love this face!)










She knows what this is!



Annabelle didn't really dig into the cake like I thought she would. We stripped her down naked ready to get all messy but, that didn't happen. I had to put her hands into it but she didn't like it and tried to get it off. I guess she is just a girly girl who doesn't like to get all dirty!







I thought I would give her a spoon to see if she would dig in with that but then she just wanted to share her cake with everyone else. (What a sweet little girl :))



I know you all think I'm a crazy, anal first time mother but I don't give Annabelle any sugar, so I made her a sugarless cake. It took me forever to make but, I think it turned out pretty good.




Well I hope Annabelle had a fun first birthday! We sure did! We love you baby girl! Thanks Grandma, Grandpa, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins for all the great gifts and for joining us on this special day!






HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Halloween is such a fun holiday! I love dressing up, going through Spook Alleys and carving pumpkins! We had a really fun Halloween this year. We went to a few parties before Halloween like my parents, the ward party and our friends Dave and Joni. We had fun at them all! On Halloween night we went to our friends Lindsey and Jeremiah's house for a barbecue and then we went out trick or treating. Even though Annabelle can't eat all the candy yet, I think she had a fun time!




I was Dorthy, Bobby was the Scarecrow and Annabelle was the lion from the Wizard of OZ!







Isn't she such a cute little lion!


Annabelles first time Trick-or-Treating!

13 comments:

Marky said...

Happy Birthday Annabelle!! Looks like you had a really fun party. Heidi the cake looks so good, you did such a great job.. And your not anal, you inspired me and now Nevi isn't having sugar either!! She looks so cute in her lion costume too!

Steph said...

Yay, Annabelle's 1! Jayci did the same thing with her first cake, she didn't like the frosting on her fingers, and we had cameras and everyone surrounding her waiting for the dig-in mess! Oh well. It was good to see you guys on Halloween, you all looked so cute! That's good marky's following suit with the no sugar thing, it's 2 years too late for Jayci =( (thanks dad) Yay for sweet little girls!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday! Already? WOW! Enjoy every moment you guys! Glad she had a fun day! Love all the pics too!

Sharstin said...

so I love your Halloween costumes! darling! and Annabelles cake is so cute--good job :) fun picts

The Nielsen's said...

You did such a good job with the cake, it looked yummy. Thanks so coming and hanging out with us on Halloween, we need to do keep doing stuff like that more often. Cute halloween pictures too. LOL

Mindy and Marty said...

seriously sooo impressed with the cake! it turned out cute! don't know if it tasted that good without the sugar (ha) but cute just the same....

Keri said...

I love the cake, good job. She's SOOO cute! Happy Birthday! And I'm a nerd cause I didn't get that you were a theme at the ward party. Duh!

Heather said...

I can't believe she is already 1! She is so cute! You did great on the cake. I love you costumes too!

~adelle said...

Fun Party and Darling Costumes!!! She is such a cute little girl. I was glad I got to see her at Dave's party. We need to hang out more.

I just want to know how you get everyone else to stop giving Anabelle sweets. It seems like people are just dying to give Natalie little tastes of EVERYTHING sweet. That is a miracle that you can keep them at bay...

mike and elise said...

Ooohhh, too cute! I'm impressed - the cake turned out really well!

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday to Annabelle! I should totally be able to keep track of her Birthday because Harlie's is October 17th. I love how delicate she was with her cake; a true girl. What a sweetheart!
You're Halloween costumes were adorable!

Ally and Chris Johns said...

How cute is she! I can't believe she is already 1! Happy birthday Annabelle. Oh and I love your Halloween costume idea.

Lindsey Rose said...

You are the sweetest! I love that you made her a sugar freee cake! That is awesome, and one of those things every mother wishes she did but didn't! She is a beautiful little girla and i cant belive that she is one! Also, I love that Halloween costumes, Brielle made me go back a million times so she could see you dressed as Dorothy!