Saturday, February 13, 2010

Finally an update on the Jarrett family!!!

So here it goes......... I know it has been over a year since I have last made a post!!! I am so bad at this but I'm going to try to update you on a few of the things that have gone on in our life this past year.

Last April we were toying with the idea of buying a new house so we looked at some and then decided that maybe first we should see if we could even sell our house. We put it up for sale and a week and a half later we had sold it! Wow! That was just crazy to us! We had no idea that our house would have sold that fast or we would have first found a house so we would have had somewhere to live. So we were homeless but not really because Bobby and I both have wonderful parents that offered their homes to us. So we were off to living at Bobby's parents house until we could find the one for us. I am not going to lie, I hated trying to find a house. It is just so hard to find the perfect house!! I swear everything never matches up.....is it in our price range, is it in the right area, what schools would our kids be going to, how many beds and baths does it have, is the basement finished and so on and so on and so on....... I think I would have liked it a little better if we had all the time in the world to look at houses but I was 6-7 months pregnant and I didn't want to bring a newborn baby home to my in laws house. That would just not be very nice of us. :)

Then on May 28th Bobby decides to go play basketball with some friends one evening. A couple hours later I get a call from him saying he had broke his ankle!!! Are you kidding!!! Lets add some more stress to our already stressful life. I ran to the ER to meet him and his left ankle was totally dislocated and his foot was literally at a right angle!! Ya it was bad! Then they had to do surgery on it and they put a metal plate and 4 screws in it. It defiantly was a wild time, but we actually were glad to be living at Bobby's parents house because I don't know how I would have been able to take care of him and Annabelle while being 7 months pregnant. Thank you Mary and Al! I couldn't have done it without ya!

Finally in June we found a house! Finally a house I loved with everything I wanted and in our price range! It's in West Layton and in the same subdivision as Bobby's brother Scott and his sister Julie. We also are really close to my brother Brady and my sister Tana who live in Syracuse too. We really love it here and we love having family so close by. Annabelle loves being able to have her cousin Mya in her nursery class at church. They have had lots of fun together.

Then, the most exciting news of all, on August 19th our sweet baby Jane joined our family! She was born at 1:59 am after 7 hours of labor (which was so much better than Annabelle's 16 hours of labor) and was 7lb 6oz 20 in long. Jane looks a lot like Annabelle when she was a baby but they definitely have their own personalities. We are so happy this sweet baby girl could join our family and Annabelle loves her new little sister! Jane is such a little live wire. Right when Jane was born she could lift her head and was always moving. She isn't my cuddly baby like Annabelle was but still a sweet, happy little one. She moves so much she learned to roll over at 3 1/2 months! Now at 5 months she is army crawling everywhere!!! Crazy huh! She is just a little determined one and is probably going to walk soon I swear!!! Jane just had her 4 month Dr appointment and she weighed 12 lb 2 oz which makes her only in the 10th percentile . She is just a little one and it's probably because she moves all the time. Annabelle is such a good big sister and loves to make her laugh. If she is sad she gives her toys and tries everything to make her happy. But there are those moments when I hear Jane cry and I see Annabelle trying to ride on her back like she does with daddy, but I guess that is just what big sisters do. :) It gets kind of crazy being a mom of two now but I love it and it is always an adventure!

Oct 16th Annabelle turned 2 years old! I can't believe I have a two year old now! She is such a sweet, loving girl. Some of her favorite things to do is sing, dance with Mommy and Daddy, play tea party and Cuddle on the couch with Daddy while they share a bowl of fish crackers together. She is so polite and always says please and thank you, and the best thing of all is when she says "I love you Mommy"! That just makes all the hard times of being a mom worth it!

We had a wonderful Christmas. Annabelle was so much fun this year. She got so excited when she got her presents and she would say "Oh Thank you!" I love the Christmas season and I loved all the parties and hanging out with the family. I would say we definitely had a good, crazy fun year.


He's smiling but he really isn't too happy.



Ouch!!



Our newest little family member.



Isn't she beautiful!!


Not quite sure what to think of her new little sister.


My sweet little Jane on her blessing day.


Annabelle is 2! Annabelle with her Halloween barbie cake.


Merry Christmas 2009








16 comments:

Amy said...

Welcome back!!!

Moline Family said...

Oh my goodness, I was shocked to see an update, but very excited. What an exciting year!

Chris and Leslie said...

I'm so glad you decided to update! We should all get together soon!

Sharstin said...

wow! I a new post! yay! so fun to haer an update! your girls are so gorgeous~ my sis said she saw you at the treehouse the other day! we need to get together soon!

hoLLY said...

yay! congrats on your new baby! how exciting! i am si glad to see a post! we just bought a house in Syracuse so we are close to you! What an exciting year! glad to have you back!

~adelle said...

Fun update Heidi! Still can't get over how darling your girls are! So pretty! I always say we should get together...but, I really mean it. I am on a mission to plan something. :)

It was fun to read about your going's on's. Keep up with the posting...

Jen said...

Your girls are so cute! Totally understand about not coming to the sealing. We will miss you:) Glad you're enjoying the cookbook - it's a good one to have! Kiss the girls for me.

Crystal said...

It's so fun to hear about your year. I can't believe that your little Jane is getting so old. She's so adorable. I will call you for sure next time I come to visit.
As a side note, I think it's quite the coincidence that Bobby is wearing the same t-shirt in his broken ankle picture and when Jane was born. I guess that's his hospital shirt:).

Nick and Kandi said...

Hey I found you! I'm so glad you're posting so I can keep up with you!

Kara said...

I'm so glad to hear you guys are doing so well. I haven't seen or talked to you or Bobby in forever. Your girls are beautiful!
Oh and tell Bobby I know how he feels I had the same thing done to my ankle plate and screws and everything. Not fun!!!

Mindy and Marty said...

really? you posted?! can't believe it....

I love the cake , very impressive!

the Rabes said...

Fun update! Wow! so much has happened. I love sweet Jane...all that hair, I am dying to squeeze her. Graham was born July 31st, I can't believe she is already crawling. Graham is just fine sitting around. Well I am so happy all is well with your sweet family!

mike and elise said...

Yeah! Welcome back! We need to go to the park again when the weather is a little warmer!

Steph said...

I'm catching up on my blog reading, so this comment is a little late..! I'm so glad to hear that everything is so great with you guys, the new house, new baby, that's so wonderful! I hope it's still going so well, we need to have a big get-together one of these days, I never see you guys anymore!

Joni said...

Good update Heidi! We need to hang and come see your new house.

abo-bder said...


شركة مكافحة حشرات ببيشة
شركة تنظيف مجالس وكنب ببيشة
فني تركيب وبرمجة الدش بالرياض
فني تركيب ستلايت بالرياض